We focus our investment activity on three broad sectors: Clean Energy; Consumer, New Media and Internet; and Software, Systems and Services. We invest in stages ranging from hatch (encouraging innovating thinking), to Seed (committing to early-stage ideas and platforms) and Series A (backing a proven business plan and core management team).
GC entrepreneurs build industry-leading companies in the global clean energy sector. Consistent with our investment philosophy, we look for entrepreneurs who seek to create enduring businesses with superior economics and technical defensibility.
Our portfolio includes:
- Disruptive technologies that lead to commercially viable energy products and solutions without government subsidies
- Components and systems based on defensible engineering innovations in existing energy markets
- Project development based on scarce assets
Consumer, New Media and Internet
We embrace the raw innovation of the consumer web and the forward-march of all things consumer. Given the velocity of change in this area, we're most excited when guided by an exceptional founder or operator, and by technologies that enable forward leaps. We're curious and energetic investors in consumer Internet, advertising, database-driven consumer platforms, rewards and payments, and retail.
Software, Systems and Services
We have special interest and experience in bringing new technologies to market. This area has historically enjoyed a high pace of innovation and we continue to see investment potential for rapid and sustained growth. We leverage our own entrepreneurial successes in this area to partner with entrepreneurs who are driving the next set of disruptive innovations.
Mostly our investments in this sector fall into the following categories:
- Application, Infrastructure, and Security Software
- Communications & Mobile Computing
- Financial Technology & Marketplaces
- Medical Technology
- Technology-Enabled Services